This Saturday afternoon, Pittance Chamber Music returns!
Pittance is comprised of LA Opera Orchestra Principals and for this concert, in particular, Steven Becknell and Stuart Clark are performing chamber works featuring their instruments.
The concert will also feature Domingo-Colburn-Stein Young Artists Elizabeth Zharoff and Milena Gligic.
Who: Members of the LA Opera Orchestra, Domingo-Colburn-Stein Young Artists Elizabeth Zharoff and Milena Gligic
What: A blissful afternoon of song and chamber music. Program includes:
- Mozart’s high-spirited “Quintet for Horn and Strings, K.47” (featuring LA Opera Principal Horn Steven Becknell)
- Brahms’ “Clarinet Quintet, Op. 115” (featuring LA Opera Principal Clarinet Stuart Clark).
- “Seven Early Songs,” a compilation of love songs by Alban Berg
- “Dream with Me” written by Leonard Bernstein for the play Peter Pan
- “What a Movie!” and “There is a Garden” from Bernstein’s Trouble in Tahiti
When: Saturday, September 16 at 3:00 p.m.
Where: Eva and Marc Stern Grand Hall at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion, 135 N Grand Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Tickets: $35, Seniors $20, Student Rush $10
About Pittance Chamber Music
Pittance Chamber Music was created in 2013 by LA Opera Orchestra Assistant Concertmaster Lisa Sutton, who wanted to showcase the gifted artists who perform in the orchestra pit, where they are heard but mostly unseen. Since then, Pittance has expanded its ranks to include members of the Domingo-Colburn-Stein Young Artist Program, as well as members of the Los Angeles Opera Chorus.
Tickets for this concert can be purchased on the Pittance Chamber Music website here.
For information about LA Opera and to purchase tickets to our current season, visit our website.LA Opera is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to the greater good.