Are you heading down to San Diego for Comic-Con and looking for something to wear? Here’s a list of opera costumes that will leave you Comic-Con ready.
1. This costume from Grendel looks straight out of Game of Thrones.
2. Armored soldiers from Aida — who’s to say these aren’t right out of Game of Thrones or Outlander?
3. Any of the Pagliacci clowns — whether you’re dressing as a riff on the Joker or Harley Quinn from Suicide Squad, or a classic homage to Killer Klowns From Outer Space everyone (meaning no one) loves a creepy clown.
4. The “Stage 3” monster suit from The Fly — this full-body suit from our adaptation of the David Cronenberg classic sold at one of our recent Costume Shop sales, so you actually may see it on the con floor!
5. Winged fire breather from The Two Foscari — equal parts goth nightmare and steampunk sky adventurer, this get-up will get you in to multiple cross-genre costumed after-parties.
6. The Dragon from Grendel would be right at home in any intergalactic “creature cantina” from Star Wars.
7. Can’t wait for The Walking Dead this fall? Here are some zombies from Turn of the Screw.
For more information about our upcoming season, visit our website.
LA Opera is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to the greater good.