1. Armored soldiers from Aida — who’s to say these aren’t right out of Game of Thrones or 300?
2. Any of the Pagliacci clowns — whether you’re dressing as a riff on the new Joker from next year’s Suicide Squad Batman spin-off, or a classic homage to Killer Klowns From Outer Space everyone (meaning no one) loves a creepy clown.
3. One of the dancers in our 2007 production of Don Giovanni — just tell everyone you got a sneak peek at next season of American Horror Story and you’re good.
4. The “Stage 3” monster suit from The Fly — this full-body suit from our adaptation of the David Cronenberg classic sold at one of our recent Costume Shop sales, so you actually may see it on the con floor!
5. Winged fire breather from The Two Foscari — equal parts goth nightmare and steampunk sky adventurer, this get-up will get you in to multiple cross-genre costumed after-parties.
6. The Dragon from Grendel — with new Star Wars movies on the horizon, this staggering ensemble would be right at home in any intergalactic “creature cantina.”
7. The goddess Fortuna from The Coronation of Poppea — elaborate entrance dress from The Hunger Games anyone?
For more information about our upcoming season, visit our website.
LA Opera is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to the greater good.